Saturday, March 28, 2009

Diana's Art Quilts

I am constantly amazed by this very talented lady. How she creates this beautiful Art Quilts with tiny little pieces of fabric and puts them all together to make these one of a kind masterpieces is beyond me.




About Me:
My ultimate passion is making ordinary photographs into Fabric Art Quilts. This is my 5th year of working with fused batiks and hand dyed fabrics. This process started more than 10 years ago with making Watercolor or Color wash floral quilts and wall hangings. A few years later, I began making Mosaic Photo Quilts from ordinary photographs for family members as gifts. Now, the Art that I am creating is actually smoothing out the edges of the mosaic tiled pieces and making gently curved shapes for a more realistic image.
Normally, I begin with a black and white photograph and select my fabrics to add the color as shades or values to make the image. The lighter colors are whites of eyes and darkest are shadows of hair or maybe pupils of the eyes. I prefer to use colors that are vibrant and unexpected, even though I have made a few with real skin or true colors.
A few of the pieces are only strips of fabric, such as the Mannequin and the Golden Lab. This process can be done in a weekend. Most of the other pieces are for purchase or I will even create personal images from your photographs! Contact me at bracys@cox.net and enter in subject line: My Photo Art.
Creating these pieces is so therapeutic and soothing for my soul. I hope that I have shown the passion and calmness in my Art to you, that I feel as I create each piece. If so, I have achieved my goal. I appreciate your visit and hope you visit often while I continue to create.

Diana's shop :
www.DianasArtQuilts.etsy.com

11 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!

Jordanka Yaretz said...

Thank you for stopping by Katie.

Diana said...

Jordanka! You never cease to amaze me. Thank you very much for featurung my mosaic art on your site. I am so grateful and truly humbled that you like my artwork.
You encourage me to create even more and I really appreciate you.

Thank you! Thank you! Thanks you!
Smiles, your WWAO Sister, Diana

Jordanka Yaretz said...

The pleasure is all mine, Diana.

Artsnark said...

Really unique & detailed work. Very impressive

Unknown said...

Great blog post. Diana is a very talented and sweet artist that I admire greatly!

Renée Gandy said...

I Love Diana's work..she is the BEST I ahve seen in this art form.
Renée

artbylmr said...

It is so impressive to perfect such a unique artform. Diana deserves all the recognition and praise she gets!
She sounds like one heck of a cook too!

Kim VanDerHoek said...

Whoa, these are amazing!

Jordanka Yaretz said...

Thanks for stopping by ladies. Yes Diana's work is amazing.

Miriam said...

These are AMAZING!