Sunday, March 8, 2009

Jean Levert Hood

Jean is a very talented artist, whom I admire greatly.




I paint with bold, clean strokes, thick with rich, sometimes surprising, colors that express what I see and feel when painting. My hope is that in the end I have engaged the emotions of those who look at my work.

I begin long before I pick up my brushes using design and composition principles to outline the work. I then paint with abandon and joy. The resulting work shows my personal application of impressionism with a minimalist quality.

Often inspiration comes from what I see walking on my ranch on the historically rich, brushy edge of the Texas Hill Country. Here daily, I encounter constant contrasts and variety in texture and color - the dichotomy of harmony and discord; lushness and barrenness; serenity and energy.

My challenge is to show the complexity of creation by painting intimate, personal portraits of nature. Whether choosing a landscape or still life, close observation reveals the ordinary as extraordinary.

My website shows my larger works:
www.JeanLevertHood.com
my blog address is:
www.jeansartblog.com

12 comments:

Julie B said...

Thank you for featuring Jean's work! I love it and can't get enough of it. Jean is not only a wonderful painter, but a generous one as well, spending much time enouraging and promoting other artists and artisans.
Her generous, creative spirit shines forth in her paintings.

Jordanka Yaretz said...

Thank you for stoping by Julie. I agree with you.

Jean Levert Hood said...

Jordanka, I am so honored that you chose my work to feature. Thank you so much. and thank you too, Julie, what a lovely thing to say!

Lisabongzee ~ Island Dream Life said...

I love Jeans work too. Especially her roosters.
And I greatly appreciate all that she does for the VAST team!
Great job!

Aloha,
LisaBongZee

Genie said...

Jordanka, I found your art through Jean's blog and have been in love with your trees for about a year or so now. You're one of my favorite artists to watch. You and Jean, actually. It's awesome to see one of my favorite artists supporting another of my favorite artists!

Diana said...

Jean, I have always admired your art. I do feel the emotions and passion that you have demonstrated in your beautiful colors and subjects. Jean is definately a sharing person and has encouraged me to continue to create my mosiacs. Thanks, Jean.

Jordanka, you know that I can't leave without thanking you again for inviting us into your Gallery of Very Talented Artists. You are one busy Hostess and I enjoy visiting.

Lily Pang said...

It's so nice to see Jean's work here! Her work is wonderful!

dianeclancy said...

Hi Jean and Jordanka -

This is WONDERFUL about Jean!! She is a very gifted artist and a fantastic person!! I love your roosters and bunnies and landscapes .. the way you use purple in landscapes ..

And working with you is fantastic!!

~ Diane Clancy
www.DianeClancy.com/blog
www.DianeClancy.etsy.com

Jordanka Yaretz said...

I thank you all, I think we have a great suport sistem here and i love being part of it.

Susan Elkin said...

Jordanka, thank you for expanding my consciousness by introducing me, through you, the amazing art creations of Jean Hood.

Now, today. I have made 2 monumental discoveries of great artists, you and Jean. VAST and WWAO is quite an oasis of wonderful artists.

I feel so lucky and honored to be part of the VAST Team.

~~ Susan Elkin
http://susanelkin.com/blog

Jordanka Yaretz said...

Thank you for the compliments, Susan.
You are a grea photographer.It amazes me just how much talent there is in this group.

Linda Hammelman said...

Jordanka, I stopped in to see your work but was pleasantly surprised to see Jean's beautiful pieces. You are very generous to share your blog.